Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 1- don't judge a juice by its colour!

Day 1


One day down 59 more to go! Today was not to bad. Started off great! I just wanted to juice juice and juice and if I wasn't juicing all I wanted to do was juice! I am sure the novelty of my "new toy" will ware off soon! But for now I will enjoy experimenting with different things and different combinations!



Here is my first glass of goodness! Yes it totally looks gross! I was disgusted by the colour at first but it actually really tasted quite yummy!


Apple, Lettuce and Cilantro.



I am a BIG fan of Cilantro so I will definitely be using it in lots of my juice combinations, I unfortunately used up the last bit I had when I made this and totally forgot to get some when I stopped at the store, so until I go again! Which I am thinking I will be visiting quite often! I feel like I am  going through A TON of veggies and fruit. Here are some of the other things I juiced today...
Tomato & Celery-delish!
                                             
                                                spinach    cuccumber
                                                orange     kale
                                                pepper    celery
                                                tomatoe  ginger
                                                mango

I am sure by the end of this I may not want to juice another thing again in my life! But for now I will just enjoy!

Around noon I had made a spinach and orange juice and after I drank that I started getting the sniffles almost right away! my throat is starting to hurt...I feel like my body is already trying to cleanse its self! I was shocked! I thought it would take at least a week or two at the very minimum! But oh well just got to get over this hump right!
So as the day went on I was getting more and more hungary but I just kept drinking and drinking! Juice, water, herbal tea! As I snack a great deal at night and usually eat the most during the afternoon/evening it definitely got tougher as the day went on not to mention this feeling like I have a bad cold that just hit me like a ton of bricks!  Its not making thing much easier but I will not give up! I went out and got a "sports" multivitamin because I am very active and am teaching many classes and as I do this reboot I really hope I do not have to cut back from all the things I am doing, but we will see just one day at a time I guess!



Biggest craving today! Bocconcini w/tomato and fresh basil drizzled with balsamic vinegar! 
 (I figure if I write down all my cravings then it is kind of like putting those things in the "brain fridge!" This way I don't feel like I won't ever have these things again! But after this I can reach into my fridge and grab all these delicious..but healthy things I am craving! )

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That does look gross!! Good for you to stick with it. I would be nervous to try it!! Let me know what your favorite is, and I will try that one!! :)

    ReplyDelete